I saw a photo of my daughter recently. She was wearing a sweatshirt and necklace that I bought her as a gift for her birthday. I was very excited to see this, because I haven’t had a relationship with my daughter, or my son, since early 2008. I thought, “she can’t be that mad at me if she’s wearing the gifts I sent her.”


My excitement was squashed when a friend of mine asked if I thought she knew the gifts were from me. This thought hadn't occurred to me. I thought “no, my ex wouldn’t do that”, but then again, I never thought she’d make good on her promise that if anything ever happened to our marriage I would never see my children again. I stayed in a loveless marriage just to be with my kids. I would be lying if I said I didn’t feel disappointed and manipulated.


So, I’ve started this blog in hopes that my children will see it and know how much I love and miss them ~ always have and always will. I will never ever give up on them, and my heart and my door will always be open and waiting, no questions asked. And speaking of questions, maybe reading this will cause them to question some of the things they have heard, or not heard, or been led to believe. They are smart kids, I'm sure they will be able to see through the fog surrounding them eventually.

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Play Ball!


Oh wait, wrong sport, but right idea....I mean let's play football! In case you missed it on my Facebook page or Twitter, Patrick threw a perfectly placed 30-yard touchdown pass to start off a major upset over state-ranked Webster Thomas last night, at their homecoming. Webster Thomas' homecoming. Ouch! You can see it online here or by clicking on the photo. I'm so excited that now that he's playing varsity, I can see all this great stuff and enjoy watching him play. I know how much he loves the game and it's so cool to see him in his zone.

Speaking of homecomings, Spencerport (where my son plays) won their homecoming game last weekend over Gates and it was the first time they ever beat Gates. So the Rangers are on a roll....keep it going boys! You've got big fans over here on the east side...and in Florida, Nova Scotia and Naples too!

So with this big news I thought it was as good a time as any to post a little note. I've been slacking on the blog front, I know. It's just so much easier to post to Facebook or Twitter. My son turned 17 at the end of August. Sent him a small package with some dress shirts, cologne and a certificate to Dick's. I figure he's probably always needing something from there with all the sports he plays and the dress shirts and cologne would be good for all those sports banquets, school dances and ceremonies. It seems so unreal, he's still a 10 year old boy in my mind. That was the last time I really saw him and spent any time with him. He's grown into a fine young man, very smart, good grades and still loves his sports. He plays all year-round - football, wrestling and lacrosse, with some golf in the summer. Keeps him fit and healthy I'm sure.

Hope he knows how much I love and miss him. We all do. His grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. We all wish him the very best and are rooting for the Rangers to take it ALL THE WAY this year! Reach for it! Get it! Never give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment